An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
Official websites use .mil
website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.
Skip to main content (Press Enter).
U.S. Air Force Logo
Policy and Directives
Families of the Fallen
Frequently Asked Questions
Air Force Mortuary Affairs Operations
The Air Force Mortuary Affairs Operations (AFMAO) does not directly hire personnel for any vacancies. The hiring process is done through the Office of Personnel Management.
If you would like to be considered for employment within the AFMAO please go to
- Click the My USAJOBS tab and register
- Post a resume and your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Register for automated alerts to be sent to you
Once registered, if you are licensed to practice embalming and funeral directing by a State, territory, or the District of Columbia, you can:
- log in to USA Jobs
- click on the Series Search tab
- type in 0050 for Funeral Directory Series (in the first field under Series Number Search)
- click yes/no under Applicant Eligibility
- click search for jobs (this will display any openings available)
For job openings in other specialties at AFMAO, search under Dover Air Force Base for location.
Once a position becomes available you may log in and self-nominate for consideration to the position.