Chief Master Sgt. Bobby D. Drayton is the Senior Enlisted Leader, Air Force Mortuary Affairs Operations, Dover Air Force Base, Delaware. AFMAO is a Field Operating Agency under Deputy Chief of Staff, Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters Air Force. AFMAO has global responsibility for all Air Force mortuary matters for current and past conflicts, operates the nation's sole port mortuary and provides global contingency mortuary response teams in support of Air Force and combatant command requirements.
Chief Drayton advises the commander on all matters affecting the welfare of more than 75 Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and civilians working at the mortuary and is charged with ensuring the health and resiliency of the force. Chief Drayton also serves as the Career Field Manager for Base Honor Guard Program Managers. He oversees 78 enlisted personnel across 64 Air Force installations and manages all aspects of enlisted manpower resources ensuring proper quantity, training, administration, utilization and employment.
Chief Drayton enlisted in the Air Force in November 1997. His professional background includes various positions within the Services community including Food Service, Fitness and Sports, Readiness and Plans, Mortuary Affairs, Silver Flag Prime RIBS Instructor and Headquarters United States Air Forces Europe-Africa. He’s deployed in support of Operations Southern Watch, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.
Prior to his current position he was the Superintendent of the 49th Force Support Squadron, Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico where he served as the principle senior enlisted leader and personal advisor to the Commander relating to training, safety, morale, welfare and quality of life issues affecting a total force of more than 550 military and civilian personnel.
2002 Airman Leadership School, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England
2008 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
2010 Associate in Applied Science, Fitness, Recreation and Services Management, Community College of the Air Force
2013 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2014 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2017 Professional Manager Certification
2019 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2019 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Maryland University College
1. November 1997 - May 1998, Basic Military Training Service Apprentice Course, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. May 1998 - October 2000, Storeroom Clerk, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
3. October 2000 - December 2001, Food Service Specialist, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England
4. December 2001 - October 2004, Fitness Center Supervisor, RAF Lakenheath, England
5. October 2004 - October 2006, Food Service Accountant, Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
6. October 2006 - September 2008, Production Manager, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
7. September 2008 - August 2010, Dining Facility Production Supervisor, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
8. August 2010 - October 2010, Dining Facility NCOIC, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
9. October 2010 - Sept 2013, Force Support Combat Training Section Chief, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
10. September 2013 - June 2014, Services & Readiness Plans Manager, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe and U.S. Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
11. June 2014 - October 2015, Readiness & Plans Branch Superintendent, HQ USAFE and U.S. Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
12. October 2015 - October 2017, Sustainment Services Flight Superintendent, 355th Force Support Squadron, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.
13. October 2017 - May 2018, Sustainment Services Flight Superintendent, 39th Force Support Squadron, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
14. May 2018 - October 2018, Squadron Superintendent, 39th Force Support Squadron, Incirlik AB, Turkey
15. October 2018 - July 2021, Squadron Superintendent, 49th Force Support Squadron, Holloman Air Force Base, N.M.
16. July 2021 - Present, Senior Enlisted Leader, Air Force Mortuary Affairs Operations, Dover AFB, Del.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
2006 Male Athlete of the Year, Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
2011 435th Construction and Training Squadron SNCO of the Year
2011 Air Ground Operations Wing Larry R. Daniels Award
2011 Air Ground Operations Wing Force Support SNCO of the Year
2012 Air Ground Operations Wing Force Support SNCO of the Year
2012 Air Ground Operations Wing SNCO of the Year
2016 355th Fighter Wing Force Support SNCO of the Year Award
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant May 2018
(Current as of August 2022)