Lt. Col. Crystal A. Glaster is the Deputy Commander, Air Force Mortuary Affairs Operations, Dover Air Force Base, Delaware. AFMAO is a Field Operating Agency under Deputy Chief of Staff, Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters Air Force. AFMAO has global responsibility for all Air Force mortuary matters for current and past conflicts, operates the nation’s sole port mortuary and provides global contingency mortuary response teams in support of Air Force and combatant command requirements.
Colonel Glaster earned her commission through the Air Force Reserve Officers’ Training Corps in 2004. Since commissioning, she has served in several positions at base level and higher headquarters with experience in personnel, manpower and services and served as an Air Advisor to the Afghan Air Force Director of Personnel. She led the biometric validation and enrollment of 4,300 AAF Airmen in support of Operation Resolute Support.
Prior to this position, Colonel Glaster was the Commander, 47th Force Support Squadron, Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas. She led a squadron of more than 250 military, civilian and contract personnel, conducting quality of life operations across 19 activities for more than 2,800 Airmen enabling unrivaled support to the number one pilot-producing base in the Air Force.
2004 Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
2004 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2009 Manpower Staff Officer Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2010 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2012 Squadron Officer School, in residence
2014 Master of Arts degree in Human Resource Management, Wayland Baptist University, Plainview, Texas
2018 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1. October 2004 - July 2006, Executive Officer, 58th Fighter Squadron, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
2. July 2006 - July 2007, Squadron Section Commander, 728th Air Control Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
3. July 2007 - October 2008, Group Section Commander, 46th Maintenance Group, Eglin AFB, Fla.
4. October 2008 - July 2011, Flight Commander, 1st Manpower Requirements Squadron, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas (October 2010 - April 2011, Community Services Flight Commander, 379th Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Al Udied Air Base, Southwest Asia)
5. August 2011 - October 2012, Executive Officer, Directorate of Manpower, Headquarters Air Force Personnel Center, JBSA, Texas
6. October 2012 - October 2014, Acting Operations Officer and Sustainment Services Flight Commander, 36th Force Support Squadron, Andersen Air Base, Guam
7. October 2014 - April 2017, Operations Officer, 628th Force Support Squadron, Joint Base Charleston, S.C. (March 2016 - March 2017, Deputy, CJ1 and Air Advisor, 438th Air Expeditionary Wing/Train Advise Assist Command-Air, Oqab Air Base, Afghanistan)
8. April 2017 - July 2018, Board Member, U.S. Air Force Formal Physical Evaluations Board, HQ AFPC, JBSA, Texas
9. July 2018 - November 2019, Branch Chief, Accessions and Equal Opportunity, HQ AFPC, JBSA, Texas (April 2019 - October 2019, Chief, Human Resources Branch, Office of Defense Representative-Pakistan, U.S. Embassy, Islamabad, Pakistan)
10. November 2019 - March 2020, Deputy, Military Sustainment and Transitions Programs Division, HQ AFPC, JBSA, Texas
11. March 2020 - June 2020, Section Commander, HQ AFPC, JBSA, Texas
12. June 2020 - July 2022, Commander, 47th Force Support Squadron, Laughlin AFB, Texas
13. July 2022 - Present, Deputy Commander, Air Force Mortuary Affairs Operations, Dover AFB, Del.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 16, 2004
First Lieutenant Sept. 16, 2006
Captain Sept. 16, 2008
Major March 1, 2015
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 2019
(Current as of August 2022)