|COLONEL JOHN M. DEVILLIER|
Col. John M. Devillier is Commander, Air Force Mortuary Affairs Operations, Dover Air Force Base, Del. AFMAO has global responsibility for all Air Force mortuary matters for current and past conflicts, operates the nation's sole port mortuary, and provides global contingency mortuary response teams in support of Air Force and combatant command requirements. The mortuary also serves as the single focal point for all Air Force mortuary affairs and survivor assistance matters under the Deputy Chief of Staff, Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters Air Force.
Colonel Devillier is a 1993 graduate of officer training school and is a career force support officer having served in a variety of positions at Wing, Staff, Joint, and Headquarters Air Force levels.
Prior to serving in his current command, he was the Commander, 466th Air Expeditionary Group, Afghanistan.
1992 Bachelor of Science in Education, Florida State University, Fla.
1997 Master of Arts in History, California State University, Calif.
2001 Master of Organizational Management, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2007 Master of Business Administration, Naval Postgraduate School, Calif.
2011 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1. July 1993 - August 1994, Chief, Personnel and Relocations, 319th Mission Support Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
2. August 1994 - February 1995, Squadron Section Commander, 325th Civil Engineer Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
3. February 1995 - July 1996, executive officer, 325th Support Group, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
4. July 1996 - May 1997, Assistant Flight Commander, 325th Mission Support Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
5. May 1997 - December 1998, Recorder, USAF Officer Evaluation Boards, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
6. December 1998 - July 1999, Chief, Officer Separations, AFPC, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. July 1999 - June 2001, Air Force Intern, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. June 2001 - June 2003, Flight Commander, 56th Mission Support Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
9. June 2003 - July 2004, Joint Personnel Plans Officer, United States Forces Korea, U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan, Seoul, Republic of Korea
10. July 2004 - November 2004, Chief, Personnel Plans, United States Northern Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
11. November 2004 - June 2005, executive officer, Chief of Staff, NORTHCOM, Peterson AFB, Colo.
12. June 2005 - July 2006, Chief, Air Force Personnel Division, NORTHCOM, Peterson AFB, Colo.
13. July 2006 - July 2007, student, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
14. July 2007 - June 2009, Commander, 435th Mission Support Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
15. June 2009 - July 2010, executive officer to the Third Air Force Commander, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
16. July 2010 - July 2011, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
17. July 2011 - January 2012, Commander 466th Air Expeditionary Group, Afghanistan
18. May 2012 - Present, Commander, Air Force Mortuary Affairs Operations, Dover AFB, Del.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Award with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Award with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with star
Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
NATO Defense Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 28, 1993
First Lieutenant July 28, 1995
Captain July 28, 1997
Major Jan.1, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 1, 2007
Colonel Sept. 1, 2011
(Current as of May 2012)